600 KM covered, the toughest part of the INT behind him, a beautiful stretch of trail ahead … An infection in Richard Bowles’ left foot didn’t let him continue.
Richard was running on painkillers for the last days, covering 80KM since the doctor drained his infected left foot at the clinic the day before. At noon he couldn’t do it anymore.
Richard: «My girlfriend Vickie held me up for the final 2km as my leg kept giving way due to the infection. I feel broken, my body and mind are in great form….but my left foot is infected and unbearably painful.»
As there is no plan-b for this case, we have to see how his foot is recovering. Richard is now pausing in Tel Aviv, seeing a doctor, then deciding how to continue. Stay with him.
Here’s a short 5 minute documentary about the INT Run so far
Read more on Richard’s adventure:
- He did it …! – Richard Bowles finished the … (SOURCE Blog, May 9)
- What a comeback..! – Final stretch for … (SOURCE Blog, May 6)
- Back on trail – It’s not the end … (SOURCE Blog, April 30)
- INT Run: What it really looks like … (SOURCE Blog, April 28)
- Road & Field Test of Richard’s SOURCE DUNE … (SOURCE Blog, April 22)
- INT Run: Half-time coming up for ultra-runner … (SOURCE Blog, April 21)
- Off he goes! Richard Bowles is on his way (SOURCE Blog, April 17)
- Talking hydration with Richard Bowles (SOURCE Blog, April 4)
- Running 1,009KM in 12 days – Source supporting … (SOURCE Blog, March 21)
- Famed adventure runner to run entire length of INT (Israel Hayom, April 14)
- Aussie super-sprinter seeks record (JerusalemPost, April 9)