It was probably one of the toughest moments in Richard Bowles’ running career: The infection in his left foot literally forced him to his knees and he had to give up the 12-day challenge, running the 1,009 km Israel National Trail, setting a new record.
The medical out for Richard Bowles was a big blow – but not the end of the INT Run. If the recovery goes as planned, Richard will return after one week of resting to the trail. From Sunday, May 5, Richard will go for the 400 km of the trail through the northern part of Israel.
What Richard achieved is amazing anyways. The map and video below show the amazing terrain and long daily sections Richard covered. Mind you: climbing through wadis, craters and canyons. More pictures and videos of the first days on trail, are here in our Source Outdoor Blog INT Page and on our Source Outdoor Facebook page.
Richard’s impressive first 10 days on the trail:
Read more on Richard’s adventure:
- He did it …! – Richard Bowles finished the … (SOURCE Blog, May 9)
- What a comeback..! – Final stretch for … (SOURCE Blog, May 6)
- Day 10, KM 600, Tel Aviv – Richard’s infected foot stops (SOURCE Blog, April 27)
- INT Run: What it really looks like … (SOURCE Blog, April 28)
- Road & Field Test of Richard’s SOURCE DUNE … (SOURCE Blog, April 22)
- INT Run: Half-time coming up for ultra-runner … (SOURCE Blog, April 21)
- Off he goes! Richard Bowles is on his way (SOURCE Blog, April 17)
- Talking hydration with Richard Bowles (SOURCE Blog, April 4)
- Running 1,009KM in 12 days – Source supporting … (SOURCE Blog, March 21)
- Famed adventure runner to run entire length of INT (Israel Hayom, April 14)
- Aussie super-sprinter seeks record (JerusalemPost, April 9)