Are you debating whether to buy a water bottle or a bladder for this year’s outdoor adventures? We have compiled the main Pros and Cons for both to help you make the right choice. And added a smart compromise: the foldable SOURCE bottles.
- They come in all kinds of fun colors and designs and double as fashionable accessory while keeping you hydrated. For example, our ECO or ACT bottles.
- You can throw them into any kind of bag, tote, backpack or simply hold them in your hand while out and about – easy!
- Insulated models keep your coffee hot and your drink cool for many hours – to make sure you drink up until the last drop. Like our TERRAIN bottle.
- They’re easy to refill (but so are our SOURCE Widepac bladders)
- Bottles remain bulky even when empty (except our foldable JET and NOMADIC bottles, see below).
- They add weight to your backpack; and that’s usually not what you want when roaming those trails.
- Models with a small opening are hard to clean (that’s why SOURCE bottles have wide openings).
- You might end up drinking less, because removing the water bottle from your backpack for just one sip is a cumbersome endeavor.
SOURCE hydration technologies make our water bladders the first choice when it comes to hydration systems. Thousands of athletes and adventurers worldwide trust our high quality hydration solutions for hiking, running and mountainbiking.
- Water bladders automatically collapse when empty and thereby remove bulk from your backpack.
- They are lightweight.
- They provide instant access while on the move and make drinking easy.
- Fit most backpacks and mold into almost any space.
- SOURCE bladders: GrungeGuard technology inhibits bacteria build-up – your water stays fresh for weeks and the bladder is virtually self-cleaning.
- Pimp your bladder with accessories: add a Sawyer Filter for cleaning the water, the UTA for easy refill, a Magnetic Clip to keep the valve in place – the options are endless.
- Bladders are not very handy as stand-alone items and need a carrier, usually a backpack. If you want to go slim, our SOURCE Durabag is the perfect container, offering insulation and easy handling.
- You can’t see how much water is left in your bladder while it’s stored in your backpack.
- Water in the tube might heat up. Tip: push the water back into the bladder by giving a sharp blow into the valve – problem solved.
SOURCE Foldable Bottles: Somewhere In Between
Get the best of both worlds: Our JET and NOMADIC bottles are lightweight and foldable. They come in different shapes and sizes and are dishwasher safe. And combined with our SOURCE adaptor, they convert into hands-free bottles or full-on drinking systems.
Ready To Choose? We Gave You All The Options!
And whether you go for a SOURCE bottle or bladder, you have chosen wisely!
- Find out more about the revolutionary SOURCE Hydration Technologies which make our water bladders true champions.
- Pick your favorite bottle: foldable, insulated, double-walled, single-walled – we got it all!
- Meet our wide variety of Hydration Bladders: Classic Widepac, Low Profile Widepac, D|Vide Widepac and accessories