Even in the hot season, hiking sandals are still not as popular as boots, but there’s many good reasons to wear sandals, in all sorts of territory (just think of the fun crossing a river without bothering with your footwear). We strongly advise to consider the ‘Pros and Cons’ below when deciding on your new outdoor footwear for Summer 2020!
We’ve been manufacturing and developing high performance, comfortable and durable hiking sandals for 30 years now, and we put together this ‘hiking boots vs hiking sandals face off’ comparing the two options and pointing out their respective strengths.
- Ventilation: your toes and feet will appreciate the air flow. Say bye to sweaty socks and stinky feet.
- You still can wear socks if you wish to do so (no judgement).
- Less weight – your feet feel light like a feather. Hiking in sandals feels like you’re hovering along the trail.
- Cross water streams and rivers without a blink of the eye or thought about your footwear. Thanks to our fast-drying straps your feet will be dry in no time.
- Design: fun patterns and bright colors will make your hike look even more instagrammable.
- Pretty tan-lines included (as compared to the not-so-fancy white feet you get from hiking boots).
- Obviously, winter hiking in sandals is not recommended.
- You might get a sunburn on your feet. Better put on that SPF 50.
- Hiking boots don’t mind cold weather or even snow.
- If you need a lot of stability and ankle support, tall boots are your thing. But looking at our Gobi Sandals for example, the structured footbed offers maximum stability and grip, and the wide padded straps offer support close to what you get from a low-ankle boot or sneaker. Try us!
- More protection for your feet from thorns and scratches – but then again, unless you’re gearing up with long pants and tall socks, you’re not gaining that much over sandals.
- Weight – the more you carry on your feet the more energy is needed for each step. And with a lot of steps, that is a lot of energy.
- Removing that little pebble stone from your boot takes forever. Sit down. Take off your boot. Remove the pebble stone. Put on the boot. Tie up the boot. Yeah, you’re still tying. Still. Done? Okay. Let’s move on.
- Blisters. That one word says it all.
SOURCE Hiking Sandals
- Find out about the SOURCE Sandal Technologies, which make our hiking sandals the number one choice for outdoor activities and hiking.
- Find your perfect SOURCE Sandals. For Men, Women and Kids.
Feel free to share and add your thoughts on our Source Outdoor Facebook Page!