It’s that time of the year again and we sat our team down to draft 10 ideas for New Year’s resolutions in the spirit of SOURCE: for outdoor adventurers, sports fanatics and quite simply anyone thinking about stepping outside more often in the new year. To a happy, healthy and adventurous 2021!
10 meaningful new year’s resolutions for all outdoor lovers and adventurers:
- Drink more water – we know, we know, that’s a recurring one. And still, it’s as relevant as it was last year, and every year before that. As a start, get yourself a fun, new SOURCE Water Bottle, and now you’re ready to tackle the hydration challenge of 2021.
- Exercise more – heard this one before? Make a plan; start small; stick to your schedule ; think of the results; and drink lots of water while exercising.
- Push your limits – you’ve been physically active for years, but maybe have fallen into an unchallenging routine, doing the same 10k three times a week? Well, it’s time to switch it up and push your limits! Find a new training schedule, start training for your first half-marathon or try out new forms workouts and sports!
- Spend more time in nature – especially in these times of homeoffice and restricted traveling due to Covid regulations, it’s even more important to still leave your four walls regularly and get some fresh air. Step outside, even only for one hour, it will do wonders!
- Spend less time online – there’s so much fun stuff to do offline! Bake, work out, go for a walk, read, write letters – there’s no limits to your off-screen creativity!
- Learn a new skill – there’s never been a better time to learn that skill you wanted to since many years. What comes to mind: learn a new instrument with an app; knitting (no need to be a hipster); plant a herb garden on the balcony; learn french (or also not french). And remember: practice makes perfect!
- Spend more time with family and friends – you’re not comfortable inviting to your living room? No better place to meet people than the outdoors! Pack your thermos bottle and off you go for short or long walks with the people you love.
- Live more sustainably – no better way to start than by saying no to plastic bottles and cups. Invest in a water bottle and, for coffee/tea lovers, a reliable thermos flask – and you’re ready to help saving our planet.
- Drink less alcohol – especially after all the Christmas and New Years festivities it might be a good idea to take a bit of a break. Ever heard of Dry January? Switch to water for a month, and your skin, body and health will thank you!
- Eat healthier – it’s tempting to order in more often than not. But the best way to slow down from our hectic lives is to plan your meals carefully in advance, take time to cook seasonal menus and enjoy your food consciously – and, while you’re at it, support the local farmers and shops.
We wish all our SOURCE friends a happy and healthy New Year with lots of adventures in nature!